Monday, August 18, 2008

The Man Chair

If you have been following my blog over the past year you know that the house we bought was not my first choice but the house that my Man wanted.

Since I have lived in it I must admit that my Man has good taste and I really do like my house.

But during all the moving, house hunting, and debating the purchase of the house that I did not love I managed to get a $2,000.00 decorating budget.
Between my first trip to Ikea and the family room makeover I used up 400.00 of it.

We went to Ikea again...

900.00 of my budget flew away.

300.00 of that was spent on this...


The Man Chair...

So you might be wondering why I agreed to spend such a huge portion of my budget on a black leather chair that really does not fit my decor.

My Man has been really wanting a recliner for years... The kids tore up his.

My Man likes leather...It is kid friendly so that swayed me a bit.

My Man likes black leather not brown, or cream... sigh well I did make the black in the family room more tolerable so I figured I could work with the chair.

My man has horrible recliner taste... all comfort no style. I had been recliner shopping with him and there is no way I wanted to let his expensive, over sized, stay puff marshmallow man chair in my house.

So I went for the win... He got the chair and ottoman he really likes and I no longer have nightmares about the recliner he was destined to bring home.

I spent the day with the kids doing some art...
Here is theirs.


Here is mine.


Notice the incorporation of black to blend his chair in with the living room decor.
And yes it really is just an Ikea box hanging on the wall but it was free.

Perhaps more people should put cardboard on their walls.

Oh and in case you missed it... I love my Man.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome artwork, both of them. The chair is pretty cool, I'm sure Jesse is veeeeeeeery pleased that you let him buy it. You're a good wife.

Devon said...

did you paint that? it's really pretty.