Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our Poor House



If houses could talk this one would be screaming in horror.
How do I know?
I myself am shrieking in horror.

So we bought this poor house...

So yesterday Karist dumps a full glass of grape juice on the carpet in the office.
Try as hard as I can the stain is still there.
Yes the kids are banned from drinks anywhere but on the tile in the kitchen/dining area. That was why her siblings left the glass on the counter to go play... I can't win.

Many of you may have heard of the Midwest flooding... our poor house has fallen victim to this regional disaster.

Yesterday Jesse arrives home to find water flowing from the garage. He moves thing out of the water and its path to the driveway.

A few hours later while searching for a missing Wii remote in Devonae's room located above the garage he finds the carpet sopping wet.

Evidently Karist and Ellie have been watching too much news and wanted to be up close and personal with the flood experience. They dumped many cups of water from the bathroom sink onto Devonae's carpeted floor. Devonae says she stopped them but forgot to tell me. This all probably happened while I was downstairs trying to clean up the grape juice stain.

a basket of towels later still wet....
wet vac bucket (2/3 full) later still wet...
overnight dehumidifier still wet...

Poor house.
Poor me.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

How fun. I just saw a video clip this morning on the today show about a house that was completely washed away by the flooding in WI. How sad. I'll pray for you guys that the flooding doesn't get worse!!!

Carrie said...

P.S. Cute house! :)

Ken Elsey said...

sounds like something my girls would do.LOL. So sorry you are having those problems. The Fox River is at or above flood stage currently (lots of rain in Wisconsin). Its just hot here but supposed to be cooler next week. Like the house.