Friday, February 26, 2010

Don't Get Run Over

So it is snowing here again.

The roads are slick.

Our driveway has a bit of a slope that can give difficulty when the conditions are bad.

Today they were bad.

Kids hollered that Dad was home but could not get up the drive so I start getting ready to go out to help him. (I was planning on shoveling a path through the 1/8 inch of snow to give his tires a bit more traction)
Danny asks, "Are you going to push him"?
I inform him noway I don't want to get run over.

As I get my coat out of the closet I look out and see he made it up. I open up the door and greet him and say I was preparing to help him.

Then the car slides down our drive into the street.
Jesse runs along side his "baby" as it drives away leaving him behind.
I am yelling," Don't get run over" again and again.

She (the car) stopped partway in the street and managed not to get hit or run anyone over.

I went out and scraped the 1/8 inch of snow, sleet stuff off the drive and Jesse made it up without problems and the car has managed to stay put for a while now.

Jesse now agrees with me that our next house will have a less steep drive.
(not that this one is excessively steep)


Now if I could just stop checking the driveway to see if out car is still there.

2 comments:

Ken Elsey said...

try using a broom or a leaf blower. Also maybe some salt on the driveway, or a little bleach on the tires can sometimes aid in traction.

Terry and Patty said...

you gotta get that garage cleared out and get both those babies in from the cold