Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting things done

There are not before pictures but this is what it looks like now.


I tried to find a solution to targeted mess/problem areas.
Coat closet fix: another organizer.



Living room was dark and uninviting.
Fix: a hanging lamp from Ikea for 12.00 and hanging my favorite quilt on the wall for some color.
It was free also- I stole it from my Mom,
who got it from my Aunt Brenda,
who got it from the animal shelter, who got it from a donation from someone who thought it would make good kennel bedding.

New curtains also free but I had not hung them because they need a room darkening backing, tired of waiting I put them over the old green ones with clothes pins.
It makes me feel better, and after all that is what matters most in decorating.

Devonae's desk was cluttered with school books and papers. Simple fix a magazine holder to put them in when she is not using them.

Jesse's desk was worse but a couple of magazine boxes quickly store his clutter where it is out of my sight but in his reach.

3 comments:

Terry and Patty said...

wow I am impressed. Great Job nae

Donna Morgan said...

Hey, Renee, good solutions! I'm looking forward to seeing that when we come! I do know what you mean about feeling better when the clutter is out of sight! (sigh)

jennifer said...

Pretty curtains!!!