Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dance Recital

When: last month
Theme: Who-ville
Why now? because I am a procrastinator that is why.






So why the stark background and the costume disarray?

Well did I mention a procrastinator earlier?
I put off getting new batteries in the camera until the last minute and then wardrobe malfunctions occupied me till the last minute so I had to toss the task to my sometimes reliable procrastinator-in-chief.

Batteries seemed like his kind of thing but in retrospect I should of had him braid hair on a wire while I did the batteries.

So we arrive and the recital begins, the camera turns on them shuts down. I turn to my partner and ask the obvious question with the also obvious answer.

"Did you get new batteries for the camera?"
"No"
Followed by either "I did not know it needed new batteries", or " I thought you did".

At this late date I can't remember which it was. Perhaps I should take a poll to determine the historical fact so that it can be recorded properly.

So there were no pictures or videos of the recital or the charming background.

You will have to live with the mugshot like post-recital photos in my kitchen.

2 comments:

Donna Morgan said...

I recognize that ballet stance on Devonae and on Elli. I'm glad that Elli was standing beside Karist because otherwise I would have thought Karist was standing there receiving transmissions from outer space. Actually, with her gift of gab, maybe she was! Thanks for the pictures; even belated, we love seeing really cute kids!

jennifer said...

So adorable. Devonae makes a very good Wendy Hoo. I think it's Wendy Hoo. I remember when Treston was in 1st grade and I was not the best single mom. I forgot he was going to be in a school play until the day of the play. I happened to have a huge scrap of material in the car and I wrapped it around him and safety pinned it on. It looked decent but I was mortified that I had to do that and that I had forgotten about the play. The batteries made me think of that. He made a good shepard anyway.