Friday, September 14, 2007

Bumper Cars


We seem to have a problem in my family with bumping cars.
This problem is accompanied by a hit and run problem.
.
It all began several months ago when my Grandma Purtell bumped into my mom's car on the way to a wedding. After the wedding my mom noticed new damage to her new-to-her car.
The next day Grandma told her her vehicle was involved in an accident , Grandma backing into it.
.
No biggie. Or so we thought.
.
It appears that bumping cars runs in the family.
.
So mom gets a call from the police (hence the above pic)
"Bad boys, bad boys what you gonna do when they come for you"
.
Leaving a meeting she bumped another car then drove off. For shame.
She did not feel the bump so she was a bit surprised to find out she was wanted by the local sheriff.
.
No biggie insurance will cover the damage, she wasn't hauled of to jail, and more importantly HER NAME WILL NOT APPEAR IN THE PAPER.
.
In time this would have been forgotten until this post has immortalized it forever in blog land.
.
Good thing I live so far away I can sense the impending death threats. (which are against the law like leaving the scene of an accident, Mom)
.
Here is the biggie.
.
Am I next? Is it my generations turn. Should I put my keys away forever for fear of bumping another vehicle and then giving in to the urge to run?
.
No biggie. It was not bumper cars it was a game of Tag your it. Grandma tagged Mom's car.
Mom's car is IT not Mom.
Mom's car tags mystery persons car... Mystery person's car is IT.
.
Hmmmmm..... Drivers beware a Mystery IT is driving around Galesburg, Il preying on unsuspecting vehicles....

1 comment:

Becka said...

Actually. I was after g-ma and before mom. I backed into a giant pole and gave us all whiplash. I was at a strip mall and the smash could be heard a mile away. people came out to laugh at me.

It wasn't funny.


So...yes. It's your turn. Or Carrie's. You too can fight it out. In a game of Rock paper scissors.