Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Dungeons are safer with Daddy


My house is full of World of Warcraft addicts. It is amazing to me how quickly my children have grasped this complex game. Devonae and Danny both have more characters than we do.


They approach the game very differently.


For Devonae it is constant swimming parties in fountains and collecting dresses of many colors. Her friends list is a mile long, she will follow someone until they invite her to join them, if she has not invited them to join her first. The game is a social gathering for her.


For Danny it is an adventure. How long will it take me to die standing in the campfire? What level is that bad guy? How many guys can I kill at once?


For both of them dieing is a great tragedy. (except for the intentional self cooking) That is why when Daddy said he would run the Deadmines dungeon with Danny's character Nomee he was very excited. " there are level 20 eeeellites there", " you'll have to keep me safe". So last night my son and hubby, (ok, Nomee level 17 and Kaitulof level 70) set off to kill bandits together. They had a great time. Daddy kept him safe, Nomee got lots of loot, and they had a great time playing together.


Tonight it is Devonae's turn. She is really looking forward to being friends with her Daddy and following him around. Who knows she might pick up a new dress along the way.

No comments: