Friday, April 23, 2010

Meijer Trip with Husband and Kids

Not sure which is worse shopping with your husband or your kids.

So here is what I got for 110.00

10 pkg Oreo cookies (I would like to say a year supply but who are we kidding 4 months I hope)
10 pkg Oreo Cakesters (soccer snack, summer snack, slave bribe)
8 pkg Fruit by the foot (ditto)
8 cans Campbells chunky clam chowder (this travels in Danny's suitcase to Marme's so he does not starve there)
50 boxes of Kraft Mac and Cheese (this is a year supply)
2 boxes of Lucky Charms (insert threats to kids who eat up all the marshmallows)
10 Freschetta Pizzas (the kids favorite frozen pizza)
2 bottles Hidden Vally Ranch (cause Jesse complains about the dressing I got for .50)(not ranch though cause there is NO substitute for HVR)
1 pkg hotdog buns (to go with the pkg of turkey hotdogs I got for .25 at the Commissary)
3 pkg of frosting (I think this brings my collection to a year supply)
12 yogurt (a 2 day supply)

Oh I forgot to add the stuff that I bought because I love my Hubby
1 T-shirt (needed for sports day at work)
1 Nutty Bar pkg
1 Pkg Ding Dongs (I told him he was one, I found these out when I looked at the receipt)
8 6pack 20oz bottles of Mt. Dew (he takes these to work instead of buying them there)
4 pkgs of donuts (he blamed 2 of them on the kids)
1 pkg of gummy worms

Unfortunately the store was out of Capri Sun that I had a coupon for and said to come back with the receipt and coupon for my 10 free boxes of Capri Sun (can you say soccer mom)

I could have done better if I would have done smaller trips and planned better but I am still happy and Devonae is really happy to have her year supply of Mac and Cheese in the pantry.
I could have done better if my Husband had not put 43.00 of the 110.00 in the cart.
Yep his list was 43.00.
So that means I got my stuff for 67.00.

I love my husband very much and think more than worth the 43.00.

No comments: